?

Log in

I haven't updated for a while because face book is addictive. Right… - The Tao of Me

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

November 17th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
02:59 am
I haven't updated for a while because face book is addictive. Right now I am watching The Book of Mormon the movie it was produced with one of the smallest budgets ever and like the book of Mormon it is absolutely insane. Not Saying Mormons are not good people and don't have strong family values but the book of Mormon is crazy for example it believes that a group of people left Jerusalem in 600 BC and crossed the Atlantic and settled in upstate New York, and this was inscribed on golden tablets that could only be read with magic glasses. But 10 million people believe it and it’s the fastest growing religion in the world so maybe I am crazy. May be my real problem is more so with protestant religions in general because I was raised catholic.

Current Mood: bouncybouncy
Current Music: Beatles - Fool on the hill

(4 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:xenocanis
Date:November 25th, 2004 07:40 am (UTC)
(Link)
I disagree first off the world is flat that’s why Columbus fell off the edge of the world so a transatlantic journey is impossible.... Wait he did make it never mind.... but there is a lil bit of a credibility gap cause there is evidence that shows Jesus lived the only evidence of the book of Mormon is that John Smith had visions and talked about them and some people believed them. Also Catholicism has the pope how can you argue with a guy who rides around in a bubble with a really big hat on. I hope I get my point across mainly that I am not a hate monger I am not even religious but newer religions just confuse me cause I think that if its over 1000 years old ok its crazy but it has been around forever so why stop it now its the new ones that get me cause we should have known better.
[User Picture]
From:clafairy
Date:November 28th, 2004 05:57 am (UTC)
(Link)
did you just get into an arguement....with yourself...on your internet journal? hahaha
[User Picture]
From:xenocanis
Date:November 28th, 2004 07:41 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I think I did but atleast it got one laugh
[User Picture]
From:xenocanis
Date:December 2nd, 2004 07:46 am (UTC)
(Link)
Punk Rock can be cultish too... I used to be all into punk cause all my friends were in punk bands(not me though I can't even play the base) but lately punk isn't as good as it used to be its all emo now and while some Emo songs about a lost girlfriend is fine I need the rebelliousness that punk is known for in my music as well... Thank god for Greenday though they keep on trucking with the same things as they started with and the same background music, so I really liked American Idiot... And even though I'm running out of bands I can rely on like greenday their are still some good undergrounds bands, and the older punk that will always be good... Nowadays though I have a diversified selection of music but punk is still up there...

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com